Two awesome trips to El Nido (2014 and 2017), I can’t help but feel I know the area pretty well. While it had changed quite a lot in many respects in those 3 years, the best things to do in the area remain the same. So I’ve put together my list of the things you should not miss on your visit to El Nido!
1. Explore Big Lagoon by kayak
Without a doubt, it is the most clichéd experience of El Nido, but nevertheless, completely unmissable. I think the pics speak for themselves!
2. Have a beer on one of remote islands dotted in the archipelago.
Here George was enjoying one near to Snake Island.
3. Head off the beaten track and get to know the locals
I say this about every destination, but it’s nearly always my favourite thing to do. On my most recent visit, our hostel (xx) was located to the edge of the main El Nido beach, where we had to navigate our way through giant rocks, small wooden homes and 100s of kids to get there. We loved it!
4. Enjoy a smoothie at V&V
In my opinion, it’s the best breakfast place around! The queue could be fairly long it seemed when I returned in 2017 – but totally worth it! On a hangover, it’s like heaven in a glass. Just look at my happy exhaustion below!
5. Play with all the cute puppies and kitties that are everywhere!
6. Explore small lagoon by paddle board
7. Dive deep underwater to marvel at the marine life
8. Visit Seven Commandos Beach
9. Stay at the amazing Las Cabanas Beach Resort
10. Have dinner by candlelight on the beach
11. Charter a boat or join a tour
El Nido is brimming with boats to rent. Gliding through its turquoise waters is the very best way to spend a day.
13. Find a hammock and stay there all day
‘Cos you can!
14. Catch an El Nido sunset
They’re famous for a reason.
15. Explore the amazing Snake Island
This sandbar is not to be missed.
16. Enjoy cocktails and smoothies all day long
17. Marvel at the twinkly waters.
Honestly, they’ve got to be some of the clearest in the world!
18. Sail past empty and deserted beaches
19. Head into its jungle interior
20. But most of all, RELAX.
You are in paradise after all! 🙂
I hope you’ve found my guide to the top 20 things to do in beautiful useful and that maybe I’ve inspired you to visit this gorgeous area on your travels! If you’ve already been to El Nido, let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear from you 🙂 x
If you’ve enjoyed this post, feel free to share using the below links!